Our Seahawk Academy Camp is designed for the player that wants to work hard, improve, and have fun! A variety of highly experienced and qualified collegiate, high school, and youth club coaches are on staff to ensure that each player is challenged to become a better player. Our very own UNCW Seahawks soccer players are also on staff to be mentors, demonstrate techniques, become friends with, and to teach all participants.
Rising 8th graders and younger are grouped on a combination of age and skill level. Rising 9th-12th graders are typically grouped by graduation year for recruiting purposes. However, high school aged players may float between age groups at the discretion of the UNCW coaching staff.
Age and skill appropriate curriculums ensure that the needs of each specific group are met. All curriculums are designed by UNCW head coach, Chris Neal, who has years of experience creating coaching curriculums for both US Soccer and the United Soccer Coaches’ coaching schools.
Date & Time:
July 16th - 19th, 2020
Girls | Ages 10 - 19
Overnight Camper - $545
Commuter Camper - $395
*Final price includes small online convenience fee
UNCW Soccer Stadium MAP IT
• Optional UNCW Seahawk Camp Ball for $25
Discounts/Coupons (all discounts can be combined):
• Sibling Discount (more than 1 child attending the same camp)= $20 discount for 1 sibling ONLY
• Multi-Camp Discount (child attends both Day & Academy Camp) = $20 discount applied to Academy Camp
• Early-Bird discount for registering before May 1st = $10 discount for FULL DAY Camp (not valid ½ day campers); $20 discount for Academy Camp
Our rising 9th-12th graders will also benefit from field and classroom sessions that will provide priceless insight into what it takes to be successful at the collegiate level. An example of these sessions are:
• Danger Zone “Instincts” Training
• Advanced responsibilities/functions of each position
• The Art of Scoring Goals – classroom
• “Day in the Life of a College Athlete” - classroom
High school-aged players are also being evaluated, by the numerous collegiate coaches in attendance.
We incorporate specialized goalkeeper training into each of our residential camps. GK’s will train in small groups in the morning sessions and will be integrated into team games for all sessions. Our GK staff follows each player throughout their day and provides feedback at appropriate intervals.
Teams will benefit greatly from attending our Seahawk Academy camp. Recreation, Challenge and Classic teams will be coached by our staff members, and our coaches will tailor the curriculum to meet your needs.
Your Registration Fee also Includes:
• Camp T-shirt!
• Camp Backpack
• Individual Skills Contests & Team Tournaments w/ Prizes!
Residential and Commuter Options are Available:
• Residential campers say overnight, in the UNCW soccer camp dormitory, Friday-Monday, under the strict supervision of our female staff coaches and UNCW Campus Police. Camper safety is taken very seriously here at the Seahawk Academy Camp.
• Commuters campers receive the same instruction as residential campers. Commuters are dropped off at camp early in the morning, at approximately 9am, and are picked up each evening after the night session ends at approximately 9pm.
$30 Video Package:
Morning training/games & 11v11 stadium matches will be filmed. Players can use the video to create highlights, recruiting videos, and for self-evaluation. Participants will be provided a password protected link to download the video.
$80 Player Performance/Catapult Heart Rate & GPS Package (limited to 30 players):
Participants will wear Catapult’s professional-grade heart-rate & GPS monitors during training and matches. After camp, UNCW will provide you a detailed report comparing a variety of physical performance metrics including: speeds, distance, max heart rate, work-ratio, etc. Participants will be able to compare their data to other campers (anonymously) and also to our very own UNCW Seahawk players’ match data. For example, if you are a center midfielder, you will be able to compare your date to our UNCW central midfielders. Participants will gain priceless information about their performance and will be able to set future performance goals. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to gain insight into your physical performance!